Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 30, 2014

Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming...

I started swimming lessons today. I was really nervous to go with the instructor for the first time so mommy said she was just like a coach..and I loved having a coach in sports so once mommy said that, I was feeling a lot better about going with her. There is a glass wall between the pool and the chairs that mommy sits so I can still see her when I'm in the pool. 

There were two other kids in my group so we all had to take turns. When it wasn't my turn I had to wait on a step that is in the pool, and waiting for me, is hard to do. Mommy says I am a busy body and always have to be doing something...so I was talking with the other kids and then we would splash each other and the coach would tell us to stop. I couldn't hear mommy at all but she sure did shake her head a lot at me. 


I had a lot of fun swimming. I do not like to put my face in the water AT ALL! My coach says that I need to keep practicing so that I can learn to swim. I want to learn to swim but I am really afraid that water is going to go up my nose and hurt really bad. I think it's going to be a while before I can put my whole face under water.

The last 5 minutes of the lesson we got to play in a canoe! We each had paddles and the coach drove us around the pool. It was so much fun! Then it was time to get out, the coach had us all hold hands and walk around the pool to the showers so we can rinse off. When I walked to the other side I looked over at where mommy was sitting and she had gotten up and was walking around the chairs...well I thought she was leaving me so I started crying. The instructor carried me to the door (where we were going to meet) and I was still crying. I mean what would you think if you saw your mommy getting up from the chairs and you were all the way on the other side of the pool?! Once I calmed down mommy explained that she would never leave me. Besides the meltdown at the end of my lesson, I had a lot of fun and I really like my "coach" and can't wait to go back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment